World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Supply Chain Manager Subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. This company was recognised as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies to Work For in 2017 and is a leader in its industry.
Contract Duration: 6 months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: The Department are offering competitive rates.
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Supply Chain Manager Job Description:
* To assist in achieving a high performing sustainable supply chain by developing a capable supply base in order to ensure On Time, On Cost, On Quality (OTOCOQ) electrical/electronic sub-assembly deliveries as per delivery plans.
* The Supplier Chain Management role shall inform the business of supplier capability, strengths and weaknesses, manage further evaluation, risk assessment and undertake mitigation action through continuous improvement activities.
* Working with a multifunctional team to support development and implementation of international sourcing strategies for various Electrical/Electronic categories.
* Implement/maintain improvement plans of new & existing suppliers to improve performance and mitigate risks as required.
* Manage the industrial validation of suppliers for new product development with the appropriate functions and set up validation plans for the production phase.
* Ensure supplier industrial validation is maintained in compliance with the validation plan and take into account changes (Prod rate, stop & go, design, process, production location) throughout the product life cycle.
* Monitor and analyse the supplier industrial performance (KPIs of On Time and On Quality) anticipating drifts and issues to ensure adherence to delivery schedule.
* Analyse root causes of late deliveries and non-conformances and set up/manage the internal/external improvement actions.
* Realise timely diagnosis of the supplier's industrial process in instances of issues and implement corrective action/recovery plan as required.
Skills and Experience:
* Experience of supplier performance management in the Aerospace or Defence Industry or similar environments with specific focus on supplier industrial performance.
* Experience of electrical/electronic technologies (PCB, electrical/electronic components) and associated manufacturing processes.
* Effective evaluation of suppliers business, technical, manufacturing, and design readiness
* Expertise in relationship management tools and techniques.
* Expertise in problem solving techniques, eg PFMEA.
* Understanding of Industrial Validation.
* IT skills in terms of data analysis, manipulation and presentations.
Advantage Resourcing is a service driven recruitment consultancy.