Process Assurance, Financial Services -Experienced Associate
New York, NY, USA
Nov 05, 2017
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional () provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
* to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
* Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business * Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls * Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk * Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions * Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities * Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance * Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The specialty area of Process Assurance provides services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls. Our team members provide multiple services including:
* Controls design, optimization and assurance services over finance, compliance and operational processes * Controls design and optimization services associated with system implementations and upgrades * Technical IT controls reviews, including database, operating system, data warehouse and reporting tools * Third party assurance and other opinion services * IT risk and control audit readiness services in support of regulatory compliance audits * Audit support services (application and IT general controls) for external audit engagements, including engagements under SoX requirements
Key issues we help our clients address are:
* Assisting our clients in optimizing their risk and internal control activities, including control effectiveness and optimization activities * Establishing IT is aligned to organizational strategy, responsive to a changing business climate, with clearly defined policies and procedures * Assessing and enhancing the controls around system implementations and other change events through a clearly defined project management methodology * Performing third party and other opinion-level services in response to service organization requests from customers for information about internal controls, business results and operations * Performing readiness assessments for service organizations that may need an opinion level report in the future * Assisting clients in leveraging their technology investments to help establish, optimize, and sustain a real-time controls environment at an enterprise level * Supporting controls and systems related aspects of internal audits and external financial audits in the areas of planning, audit strategy, scoping, execution, and deficiency evaluation
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 1 year of IT auditing, consulting and/or implementing experience
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or a related business field.
Certification(s) Preferred: the CPA, CISA, and/or CIA exam must be passed for promotion to senior associate Knowledge Preferred:
Demonstrates basic knowledge of providing services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with facilitating and completing deliverables involving the following:
* Financial reporting and information technology risks, processes and controls; * Current and emerging technologies which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies; * COSO Framework, CoBIT and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks; and, * Key domains of information technology general controls, including change management, access to programs and data, computer operations and systems development.
Demonstrates basic skills and abilities related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise a consultant, auditor or business process specialist, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with completing deliverables related to the following:
* Identifying key risks and controls, knowledge of Sarbanes Oxley readiness, controls optimization, including the configuration of controls around security, business process and within IT environments; * Applying internal control principles and business/technical knowledge including information technology general controls and application controls; financial reporting concepts; working experience applying professional skepticism skills; * Facilitating aspects of the adaption a work program and practice aid, as well as perform assessments, using PwC's proprietary or other relevant tools to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and potential for optimization; * Exhibiting project management skills, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules; * Assisting in the creation of a positive environment, monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations, and respecting the work-life quality of team members.
This includes providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner and keeping leadership informed of progress; and,
* Interacting with clients on solutions and executing projects on client engagements, forming client relationships and demonstrating an understanding of the client's business.