Manager, Risk Assurance - Process Assurance (Austin)
Austin, TX, USA
Nov 05, 2017
PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional () provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
* to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.
Boards of Directors and executive management recognize the ever increasing importance of effective risk management efforts in meeting their organization's strategic objectives.
PwC's Risk Assurance practice has developed a holistic approach to risk that protects businesses, facilitates strategic decision making and enhances efficiency. Our holistic approach is complimented by the extensive risk and controls technical knowledge and sector-specific experience our Risk Assurance professionals possess.
The end result is a risk solution that is tailored to meet the unique needs of a company.
Areas where our Risk Assurance practice can bring value to an organization include:
* Leveraging industry and technical expertise to assist management to address more effectively risks associated with their business * Assisting management in the assessment of project risks and controls * Enhancing internal audit functions to further align to company strategy and risk * Reducing company costs through strategic internal audit outsourcing and co-sourcing solutions * Increasing value and reducing costs of compliance-related activities * Identifying opportunities for companies to effectively mitigate risk and improve business performance * Applying the concepts of Enterprise Risk Management to help companies identify, assess, mitigate and proactively consider emerging risks
The specialty area of Process Assurance provides services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls. Our team members provide multiple services including:
* Controls design, optimization and assurance services over finance, compliance and operational processes * Controls design and optimization services associated with system implementations and upgrades * Technical IT controls reviews, including database, operating system, data warehouse and reporting tools * Third party assurance and other opinion services * IT risk and control audit readiness services in support of regulatory compliance audits * Audit support services (application and IT general controls) for external audit engagements, including engagements under SoX requirements
Key issues we help our clients address are:
* Assisting our clients in optimizing their risk and internal control activities, including control effectiveness and optimization activities * Establishing IT is aligned to organizational strategy, responsive to a changing business climate, with clearly defined policies and procedures * Assessing and enhancing the controls around system implementations and other change events through a clearly defined project management methodology * Performing third party and other opinion-level services in response to service organization requests from customers for information about internal controls, business results and operations * Performing readiness assessments for service organizations that may need an opinion level report in the future * Assisting clients in leveraging their technology investments to help establish, optimize, and sustain a real-time controls environment at an enterprise level * Supporting controls and systems related aspects of internal audits and external financial audits in the areas of planning, audit strategy, scoping, execution, and deficiency evaluation
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 5 years of IT controls auditing, consulting and/or implementing IT controls solutions
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following: Accounting, Finance/Economics, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Business, Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics and/or a business field of study.
Certification(s) Required: CPA, CIA or CISA
Demonstrates extensive knowledge of providing services related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with managing the following:
* Financial reporting and information technology risks, processes and controls; * Current and emerging technologies which may include: Oracle, SAP, Oracle Database, web development tools, virtualization, UNIX, Linux, and security technologies; * Core risks, processes and internal controls related to non-financial reporting, both manual and IT; * Risks, processes and controls related to financial reporting, both manual and IT, in a specific industry sector; * COSO Framework, CoBIT, ITIL and/or other leading business and IT control frameworks; * Relevant subject matter expertise to support the development of thought leadership; * Key internal operational processes of a professional services firm, e.g., engagement economics, billing and collection, performance appraisals, time reporting, personal independence and compliance requirement.
Demonstrates extensive skills and abilities related to controls around the financial reporting, compliance and operational processes within a professional services firm or large enterprise a consultant, auditor or business process specialist, including business process and IT management controls, which includes a proven record of success with managing the following:
* Leading IT related controls assurance or controls readiness projects associated with external audits, internal audits and service organization controls reports, e.g., SSAE 16; * Identifying key risks and controls, recommend improved controls, perform controls readiness projects and identify and assess configuration of controls in financial reporting related business processes as well as in IT infrastructures, security, change management, operations and program development; * Managing and coaching staff as they perform assessments to evaluate controls, security, SOD, and execute audit procedures; * Leading the adaption a work program and practice aid to create tailored solutions for our clients; * Understanding a client's business and technology in order to identify, pursue, and ultimately win additional service opportunities; * Interfacing with clients on projects as well as leading the planning and execution of projects; * Demonstrates extensive project management skills related to IT audit projects, including developing project plans, budgets, and deliverables schedules; * Demonstrates extensive abilities as a team leader, which includes creating a positive environment; monitoring workloads of the team while meeting client expectations; respecting the work-life quality of team members; providing candid, meaningful feedback in a timely manner; and keeping leadership informed of progress.
around recognize BACH_a33d1a technologies and to subject control