Redcat Digital are currently partnered with a Global Software Consultancy who aim is to make simple solutions to big business problems. They provide tailored, end-to-end services in software development and delivery - from user research and design, to technical architecture and development, all the way to QA, continuous delivery, hosting and support.
With global offices, they have a network of over 700 experienced software consultants - a blend of permanent employees and associates - have created software for a wide range of public and private sector clients. These include organisations as diverse as HMRC, the Home Office, O2, Camelot and major institutions in the publishing and financial sectors. Continuing growth saw our total revenue reaching £42 million in 2015/16.
From consultancy to architecting and implementing a solution, a Security role within the organisation has a very diverse remit. This diversity brings with it great challenges and opportunities. You'll be dealing with end-to-end security, with an incredibly varied portfolio that aims to provide and deliver a holistic approach for Security Services in software products. This promises a fast-paced environment with innovative thinking right at its heart, with a broad range of industries and challenges on offer.
Working alongside leaders in Delivery, Development, DevOps and Testing the Security consultant will consult, advise and implement the best-fit solutions for a client's software delivery project. The Security consultant will draw upon experiences gained across a career of delivering software systems or products with a security consideration.
A successful candidate will offer clients the chance to accelerate release cycles with resilient applications by developing, running and maintain applications securely, creating an end-to-end architecture that reduces our client's security exposure and protects not just their applications, but also the valuable data they contain.
Desired Skills, Experience and Responsibilities
- A background in technical IT roles such as IT Architecture, Software Development or Engineering, with a clear and abiding interest in information security.
- Competency or demonstrable experience in data security, API security, enterprise application security or secure application security.
- Assist code reviews and open source software evaluations.
- Empower delivery teams by promoting application security awareness and standards through training, mentoring and vulnerability demos.
- Evaluate and recommend new and emerging application security products and technologies.
- Establish credibility throughout the organisation by earning the reputation for being a proactive leader, positive disrupter and change agent.
- Representing in relevant information security and cyber security communities.
- Undergraduate degree in computer science, electrical engineering, information science, or a related technical discipline.