The Business Analysis and Insights (BAI) Director leads a team of 3-5 cross-functional analytics professionals to inform pre launch insight generation and drive business performance and efficiency for Amgen's Erenumab. As the leader of the BAI business brand team, the BAI Director is a trusted, indispensable advisor to the Executive Director, Erenumab. He or she is a relentless champion of insights-driven strategy, objective, evidence-based decision making, and effective and efficient commercial activity for Erenumab. The BAI Director will also sit on the leadership team for US BAI and be responsible for driving innovation and building business analytics and intelligence capabilities that give Amgen a competitive advantage.
The BAI Director reports to the BAI Business Unit Lead for INBU. Job Responsibilities include:
* Oversee all US BAI activities supporting Erenumab, including forecasting, primary market research, competitive intelligence and marketing analytics (national and sub-national) * Develop productive relationships with the Erenumab commercial leadership to define BAI objectives, budgets and work plans. * Manage 2 direct reports but lead a cross functional team of BAI staff (competitive intelligence, forecasting and analytics) to produce proactive, actionable customer and market insights * Ensure commercial leadership understands and accounts for key research results and customer and market insights * Participate and advise in the prelaunch preparedness and forecasting process for the Erenumab franchise and be able to represent the forecast to commercial leadership * Be a strong "devil's advocate", even with senior commercial staff * Lead initiatives within US BAI to improve existing capabilities and develop new ones * Drives strategic and innovative approaches to key business problems * Ensure that both routine and ad-hoc projects are in compliance with all Amgen SOPs and meet service-level expectations for quality, timeliness, and budget * Manage relationships with external vendors and consultants to enable effective and efficient project execution * Develop productive relationships with cross-functional partners, such as Global BAI, Sales Ops, Global Strategic Sourcing, and Compliance * Conduct some key strategic primary market research (~25% of time) * Limited Travel Required
* Doctorate degree and 4 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
* Master's degree and 7 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
* Bachelor's degree and 9 years of market research, competitive intelligence and/or market analysis experience
* Technical Expertise: Demonstrated ability to translate business questions and needs into actionable research plans and synthesize multiple data sources to answer business questions * Prior technical forecasting experience or experience managing a forecast * Prior technical experience creating or managing KPI and performance metrics * Innovation: Demonstrated ability to identify and implement new methodologies and data sources to enhance Amgen analytics capabilities * Strong Business Acumen: understands both the markets, brands and broader context (internal and external) of the business. Can translate market research insights and findings into realistic, actionable recommendations * Executive presence: can quickly establish credibility with and influence ED/VP level staff * Strong leadership with a demonstrated ability to build and develop high performing teams, deliver results, and shape the future * Strong communication skills: capable of presenting complicated and controversial findings to commercial leadership * Therapeutic area experience * Managerial experience * Excellent oral, written and presentation skills with ability to explain complex concepts clearly to a variety of audiences, including senior management * Ability to work collaboratively in team-based environment * Skill in handling multiple responsibilities, priorities, tasks and projects simultaneously
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. within strategy plans Develop BACH_a33d1a and