Frontend DevOps Engineer
Salary: Competitive + Excellent Bonus, Benefits and Relocation Assistance
Our client, a dynamic and growing company with more than 2000 passionate people of over 45 different nationalities, is looking for a Frontend DevOps Engineer to join their team based in Malta and create strategic solutions for managing the production and development infrastructure of our Frontend Development and implement and improve technical operations and best practices for the team.
As a member of the development team you will apply your expertise in all aspects of technical operations and will handle release management through automation and provide high system reliability to the Development Team. You will work collaboratively with the development teams to improve release efficiency, and support different environments.
This client offers a fun and challenging role in a helpful and dynamic environment. For the right person, there are many different career path, both if you want to deepen your technical skills or work with leadership in the future. They strive to be the best in whatever field they choose to play on, and they make sure to have fun along the way.
This challenging yet exciting Frontend DevOps Engineer opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
- Setup, support, maintain and improve our build environments
- Responsible for the maintaining/improving the delivery pipeline process to build, deploy, and promote applications to Production
- Resolve problems at their root with simple and repeatable solutions
- Apply and introduce monitoring on applications for faster fault identification
- Provide relevant infrastructure recommendations
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience as a DevOps Engineer, Systems Engineer or similar role
- Ability to understand code and work with testers and developers
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Deployments tools - either TeamCity, Octopus or equivalent
- Strong knowledge with SCM, Git including branching and merging strategies
- Experience with one or more of the following: Jira, Confluence
- Skilled in Powershell, Bash or other scripting languages
- Experience with automation and configuration management tools - either Chef, Puppet, Terraform or equivalent
- Adopts best practices in documentation, testing, security, and efficient use of resources
- Background in Windows 2012 onwards, Linux and Networking
- Knowledge of server virtualization (VMware), IaaS and PaaS Cloud (AWS, Azure) and hybrid environments
- Knowledge of IIS Web Server
- Knowledge of Containers Technologies
- Excellent communication skills
Based in Malta, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days' sunshine per year!
So, if you would like to take on this exciting position, offering excellent career growth, please click apply now!