Software Engineer - Java
Salary: £35,000 - £42,000 + Bonus + Benefits + Relocation Assistance
Our client, a well-respected and leading Online Gaming company, is looking to appoint a passionate and motivated Software Engineer (Java) to join their Digital Development team here in Gibraltar. The successful candidate willplay a key role in the full development cycle and direction of product and feature sets.
The client is looking for a skilled software developer to join a self-organising agile team in charge of developing high scalability backend applications using Java. The ideal candidate has deep knowledge of designing and developing multi-component software systems, experience developing, releasing, and maintaining Java applications, as well as experience in collaborating on software projects.
The engineers are part of small, nimble teams that work on distinct projects, using the most adequate design patterns. They are able to identify the value and long term benefits of established standards and continue to evolve them to continue to deliver solutions that are service orientated - highly scalable, easily testable, maintainable and extensible.
This challenging yet exciting Software Engineer (Java) opportunity will see the successful candidate take on the following responsibilities:
You will develop and code on the company's backend applications, building features that focus onusability, simplicity, and performance. You will play a key role in the full developmentcycle and direction of product and feature sets. Take feature requests and technicalrequirements and translate them into a set of re-usable components using elegant codesolutions.
The company will support you to participate in and/or take ownership over the internal software architectureand feature development, from requirements gathering, to design and implementation, toproduction deployment. Development, operations, testing and others all work together toidentify and resolve bottlenecks on the path to production.
If this is the opportunity you have been looking for, then you will need to have the following skills and experience:
- Experience in backend-middleware architectures - concurrency, message and service orientated architectures are your passion, and you know and follow best practices and are proficient with all aspects of modern development techniques.
- A solid engineer - you find something magical about solving problems with elegant butsimple solutions, attention to detail and critical thinking skills, ability to understand andfocus on business requirements.
- Solid knowledge and experience with Java (7+) and Spring framework (core, web,data, boot, integration, cloud, test, …).
- Experience with middleware messaging systems like Apache ActiveMQ or Kafka.
- Desirable experience working using CI/CD pipelines.
- Ideally experience with Vaadin and Drools frameworks.
- A good communicator - you communicate enthusiastically, clearly and concisely with both technical and non-technical staff.
- A keen learner - you are up-to-date and capable of keeping the pace with the latesttrends and technologies.
- You are hands on, passionate, persistent, creative, and humble.
- You get things done.
Based in Gibraltar, not only is this a fantastic career opportunity, it is also a chance to experience a great lifestyle in a location with over 300 days' sunshine per year! For further information regarding relocating to Gibraltar/Southern Spain and working in the online gaming industry, please have a look at our YouTube video.
So, if you would like to take on this exciting position, offering excellent career growth, please click apply now!